Wednesday

nee nah nee nah...


One of the reasons I love blogging so much is that you learn new things daily. Take vinegar for example...until 3 weeks ago it was just a condiment squirreled away in the pantry. Admittedly, I had at least 4 different types, but it was most definitely a foodie thing. The various vinegars are all still there, however there has been a wonderous addition and it lives in my first aid box...
Apple Cider Vinegar...google it!
It is a curer of all and I'm a convert. There is only one downside, you do smell a little fish and chippy if you take too much, but that is really such a tiny 'con' when stacked up against all the amazing qualities of this wonder fuel.

I'm a huge believer in the healing qualities of food... and it's not just about comfort eating either.
I have garlic infused olive oil to be warmed and then dripped into sore ears; lemon, manuka honey and ginger for anything fluey, butterscotch for sore throats, lavender for the restless and salty water for everything else.

Just out of shot is a bottle of red wine, a nip of whiskey, organic dark chocolate and the entire back catalogue of Midsomer Murders on DVD... these however are 'adult only' medical supplies, to be enjoyed at leisure.

5 comments:

  1. Well goodness me! We used to gargle it for a sore throat. It sure did the trick. It's strong enough to scare most things off. Oh and nothing wrong with smelling of fish and chips, except it may leave a few people with a watering mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got an article on Cider Vinegar on my Cavy website on the virtues of it - not written by me admittedly, but it is good stuff. Manuka Honey is of course my cure all, as well as tea tree cream, ointment etc...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use vinegar to clean, but whenever I use it I always have this urge to make some chips!!

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vinegar truly is a wonder of all sorts! In the laundry to help with odors and as a fabric softener. A cleaner of all things. Of great health benefit and occasionally, quite tasty.

    The red wine and the chocolate plus a good dvd, now that will cure what ails you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely agree about the medicinal power of chocolate. I also put manuka honey on cuts (and gargle with it) - I think it has great healing properties. For cleaning you can put lavender oil in the vinegar to counteract that frying tonight aroma - I also use distilled white vinegar which is not as pungent as the brown malt stuff!

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete