Wednesday

Eat out Wednesday





Auckland isn't a New York or a Sydney, but it's trying, and I love that it's trying! As an Aucklander I believe it's my civic duty to frequent as many as restaurants as financially possible.
It's a tough job, but someone has to do it!
So Ayah and I took off for lunch at Federal Street Deli last week and well worth the rain splattered hike it was. I had the pastrami sandwich, Ayah had the latkes and a good time was had by all.
The icing on the gooey chocolate cheesecake though was our perfect position at the bar. We were in the thick of the kitchen action, with an impromptu cookery lesson given to the soup chef by the celebrity deli owner… very Masterchef-fy and well worth the extra lunchtime dollar.

1 comment:

  1. Love the look of your sandwich, and the place sounds like a fun place.

    ReplyDelete