Saturday

go ahead bach, make my day...

When did Dirty Harry get so old? Grand Torino has just finished and I'm aghast at how aged Clint is. Great film though, it made me cry...although to be honest that isn't hard. I cry rather easily, always have done. When Mary was blinded in 'The Little House on the Prairie', when Zola Budd ran without shoes and to my chagrin in a recent episode of The Wheel of Fortune when a generous contestant gave one of his prizes to a fellow player who hadn't won a thing. Initially the family found it endearing, then embarrassing (I lost it in a cinema when Nemo and his dad were separated on the reef) but now I've become a teary part of the furniture. We are now settling down with 'The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas' and only 20 minutes in I know I'm going to be a sodden heap.

On a completely different note, I've decided to begin a photo
journal of all the old beach houses in the village. We call them baches in New Zealand, unfortunately they are being bulldozed to make way for the large, low maintenance, plaster clad homes that seem to be on the modern wishlist.

#1

No comments:

Post a Comment