This week I have been mostly dreaming about being a cowboy....Everyday routines are skipped or stumbled through, dinners cooked, uniforms washed, lunches packed, petrol tanks filled and then KER BLAM...you read a book or find a picture and the monster day dreams set in...
This weeks catalyst was a side bar in the brilliant
Gene Autry's Cowboy Code
1. The Cowboy must never shoot first, hit a smaller man, or take unfair advantage.
2. He must never go back on his word, or a trust confided in him.
3. He must always tell the truth.
4. He must be gentle with children, the elderly and animals.
5. He must not advocate or possess racially or religiously intolerant ideas.
6. He must help people in distress.
7. He must be a good worker.
8. He must keep himself clean in thought, speech, action and personal habits.
9. He must respect women, parents and his nation's laws.
10. The Cowboy is a patriot.
Just one more rule that I'd love to adhere to... the Cowboy or Girl must have some rockin', yeehaa boots!
If I had a time machine the wild, wild West is definitely somewhere I'd be heading for a visit...at least until dinnertime. I'm not sure my delicate constitution could cope with all those baked beans!
thank you flickr and google images.